Let Go and Let God
In a world where there's a lot of uncertainty and the outcome of things is unknown, it's hard to truly just let go and breathe. I've certainly been in situations where things just seemed so impossible; or things had been going so wrong that going right was unforeseen.
As I continue to practice mindfulness meditation, spend more time with God, and learn to be content with things that are out of my control, I realize there's more to life than dwelling on things I can't control. In spending more time with God, I learned to let go and let God have his way in whatever situations I'm in.
I will be the first to say that I've intentionally put more time and energy in the right things and the right people. When I learned to truly let go and let God have his way,:
1. I learned to appreciate time: Time is a valuable resource so I intentionally strived to not waste time on things I couldn't control.
2. My Stress level decreased: I use to stress about things that I couldn't control and asked myself why was I stressing over things that I couldn't control? Why add more stress on myself when I could give it to the Most High who knows how my life will pane out?
3. I relinquished all control: Letting go of control is such a hard thing to do especially for something I'm really passionate about. However, I felt a heavy load get lifted off of my chest when I let it go and put it in the hands of God. If it's in his will, there's no way my plans will fail.
4. Things turned out better than I thought: When God has his hands in the situation, babyyy, there's bound to be a better outcome than what I could ever imagine. This was very evident when things started to not go as planned but turned out to be way better than the plan.
5. I had more time to invest in things that can change: When I redirected my time and energy into other things that I had control over, my attitude changed, I found my mojo again, and overall, I felt content.
All in all, this world is going to throw a lot at you. It's up to you to determine how you handle it. Do you stress over it until it makes you sick or do you do what you have to do? Do you turn the situation over to God and in the meantime, do what you can control? No matter what the world tries to throw at you, you can conquer any situation with God in the middle of it.
Please like, comment, and share with others. Don't forget to follow my IG page @marionellecoaching!
Watch this inspirational video!